Saturday, 11 June 2011

My review of the Corrie Play!

With the news that the Corrie! play is ending soon, I thought I would use one of my first posts to give my review of the play.

I went watching Corrie! in April at the Lowry Theatre and I really enjoyed it. The opening was a little slow for my liking, but maybe that was because it features characters I'm not as familiar with. After that, it was fast paced and scene after scene of great acting and storylines.

The actors all have the characters mannerisms and accents down to a tee, but the stand out performer for me was Simon Chadwick. His Ken Barlow was especialy great. However, all the cast, which is surprisingly small for a show this big, didn't miss a beat. I was amazed how fast they managed the costume changes too!

The narrator for the Manchester dates was Sherrie Hewson, who I felt held the whole play together effortlessly.

Overall, Corrie! is a wonderful tribute to our favourite soap. It's packed with lots of laugh out loud moments and scenes the whole family will remember.

If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment