As part of my assessments for JN3800 I had to produce a custom google map which featured four stories from the Lancashire Evening Post. I chose four stories from Tuesday 18 October.
The first story I chose was to move the area of Fishwick into the Ribble Valley Constituency from the Preston Constituency. This is obviously perfect for a google map as it shows how close Fishwick is to Preston compared with the Ribble Valley. The links I included were important because it lets you see the proposed boundary changes in full, and also what Preston MP Mark Hendricks has to say on this very important issue.
The second story I chose was about a group of UCLan students tracing the path of one of Preston's old canals. This is a great location story because the map allows you to see where the canal used to be. The links I included give you more information on the history of Preston's waterways.
The third story is about the funeral of a biker named Andy Topping who sadly died of cancer. This is important to show on google maps because it allows you to see where the procession of bikers went as they travelled towards the church where I placed the marker. The links I included allow you to learn more about bikers and the cancer charity the subject of the story supported.
The fourth and final story I chose was about improvments to Winckley Square. It is important to show the location of Winckley Square because people, such as myself, may not know where it is. The links in the story inform you that improvments have been promised before so they may not happen again, and the official website of Winckley Square gives you an idea of what the square is like now, its history and why it needs changing in the first place.
View LEP Articles in a larger map
No comments:
Post a Comment